The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualifications for this role you will have legal authorization to work in the U.S. without requiring Visa transfer or Visa sponsorship. Additionally, to be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent is required; a Master’s degree preferred.
- CPA designation highly preferred.
- Five to ten years of experience performing in a leadership role within Finance (Vice President, Controller, CFO).
- Proven leadership skills and experience coaching, guiding and mentoring a team of direct reports.
- Previous experience working for a technologies firm or within the software industry preferred. Intermediate to advanced skill in Accounting software (SAP), Salesforce and MS programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in complex spreadsheets and financial software applications. A strong aptitude for multi-dimensional financial reporting databases preferred.
- Experience evaluating accounting systems and implementing new software.
- Skill interpreting data and drawing conclusions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in multitasking in a variety of projects.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships.
- A proactive and engaging demeanor.
- A commitment to discretion, honesty, ethics and integrity.
The RoleReporting to the CEO, as CFO for AccessData Group, you will be responsible for directing the organization’s financial planning and accounting practices. Your key activities will fall into three primary categories:
- Leading all budget planning for the organization for both expenses and revenue. This will include setting sales goals/quotas in concert with Sales leadership.
- Managing the financial auditing process to ensure we are meeting lender requirements.
- Overseeing day-to-day finance & accounting functions: providing leadership to your team, cash management, monthly/quarterly closeouts, forecasting, AP/AR, etc.
More specifically, your essential duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee and direct treasury, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, payroll, corporate assets and long range forecasting.
- Direct the Controller in providing and directing procedures and systems necessary to maintain accurate records and to ensure proper accounting controls and services are in place.
- Drive the budgeting and forecasting process by providing tools and budget model to department heads.
- Review monthly analysis of budget to actuals and interact with department heads to assist them in achievement of their budgets.
- Conduct the development and ongoing analysis of strategic long-range plan for the company.
- Coordinate completion of required auditing and tax reporting through Controller.
- Oversee monthly and annual financial reporting and strive to complete within accepted guidelines.
- Drive product line profitability and complete monthly analysis.
- Consolidate and analyze financial data including revenue, costs, budgets, KPI’s and other information as requested.
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs, drive revenue and improve financial performance.
- Oversee the assembly and summarization of data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks.
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis.
- Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models.
- Analyze operational issues impacting functional groups and make recommendations or monitor as applicable.
- Advise management on applicable laws; including but not limited to tax laws, tax code revisions and other applicable financial laws or regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Why AccessData GroupAs already noted, you will enjoy strong visibility as you work in tandem with leadership across the organization and influence ongoing decision making. But, those are only a few of the reasons to join AccessData Group. Consider a few more reasons to join us. You will enjoy:
While you will come in with strong skills, the depth and breadth of this role will provide plenty of opportunities to continue to develop your skill set. From working with and learning from the CEO to learning our industry to undergoing leadership training when the time comes, you'll find there is plenty to learn.
We can promise you will never get bored. You will work on a wide array of projects and tasks and every day is different.
We encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing across different departments, and the nature of your role allows you the opportunity to work cross-functionally. We're also proactive about recognizing success and milestones, and we host social events throughout the year, such as summer picnics, impromptu BBQs and other events, holiday parties and more. We like to have fun and enjoy a collaborative, smaller company atmosphere. Our environment is business casual.
These are just some of the reasons we have a high number of long-tenured employees. In fact, most of the people on yor team have been with us for several years--and the Controller has been a team member for over a decade. People like working here!
Though we have a strong reputation and have been in business for more than 30 years, we're not resting on our laurels. We're undergoing a strong growth initiative and anticipate that growth to continue.
We know our solutions are great, but it's also affirming to get industry recognition. For example, in October 2016 SC Magazine gave AccessData's FTK (Forensic Tool Kit) a five-star seal of approval for the third year in a row.
Supporting the community
AccessData has a strong sense of corporate responsibility, as you can see in the video. In addition, we encourage employees to do their part. For example, if you're planning to race for the cure, let HR know and we'll see how we may assist with covering registration fees. Want to take time off to participate in charitable events? AccessData will cover up to 2 days paid time off so you can give back to your community.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug plans; flexible spending accounts; health savings account with employer contributions; 401(k) and Roth plans with discretionary match; paid time off; a wellness program; tuition reimbursement and more.
Video: An innovative program launched by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations division and the National Association to Protect Children (PROTECT) is training wounded vets to become forensic examiners. The Human Exploitation Rescue Operative (HERO) Child Rescue Corps program trains vets to fight child sexual exploitation. AccessData provides free licenses to our Forensic Tool Kit (FTK) for training and into the first year of an investigator's work.
Keys to SuccessOur finance and accounting functions are running smoothly, and we’ll look to you to continue the solid momentum we have going. In order to truly find success in this role, you will be a strategic business partner who can build relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts including leadership, our ownership groups, auditors, lending institutions, bankers, shareholders and the financial community.
Our strongest leaders here at AccessData are interested in all facets of the business and eager to leverage their skills and experience to make a positive impact on the bottom line. We’re a smaller organization and your ability to wear multiple hats and jump in wherever your skills are needed will be essential to your ability to thrive here.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding CFO, you will have:
- The drive and desire to take ownership of your responsibilities, consistently delivering your best work on time.
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage competing demands and changing priorities.
- The ability to work independently while also taking a team-oriented approach to your role.
- Strong business acumen to understand the implications of decisions and the impact of strategic goals.
- A deadline driven mindset; the ability to effectively plan to meet goals.
- The ability to meet challenges, demonstrating persistence and reason to overcome obstacles.
- An open, collaborative and personable manner -- we work hard, but also joke a lot and like to have fun!